Urban Italy’s Porta Nuova tour in Milan is a great itinerary for design- and architecture enthusiasts. Our tour will let you discover the new skyline of Milan.
Milan is now known as an urban metropolis definite international allure – thanks to the contribution to a new urban masterplan by 20 different firms such as Stefano Boeri, Antonio Citterio, Michele De Lucchi, Cesar Pelli and Cino Zucchi. Urban Italy proposes a tour that lets you explore the Italian architecture as well as discover the ‘new’ Milan with our Porta Nuova tour. You will be guided by an architect and together you will analyse the city’s high rises’ impact around the Garibaldi and Isola areas. There is a possibility to view several buildings from the inside as well, upon request.
- The Porta Nuova district, among Europe’s biggest urban renewal sites
- 4@1 Home, a ground-breaking development when it comes down to residences (which are inspired by nautical interiors)
- Piazza Gae Aulenti, one of the most beautiful squares in Europe, known for its art installations, plays of light, water features and the Unicredit Tower
- Solar Tree, a street lighting system powered by solar energy, as designed by Ross Lovegrove
- The Feltrinelli RED, as RED indicates (Read Eat Dream) it is a multifunctional space where you can enjoy your breakfast-, lunch- snack- or an evening aperitif inside of the bookstore
- Bosco Verticale also known as the Vertical Forest, two residential towers near the Milano Porta Garibaldi railway station. These towers host over 900 trees on approximately 8.900 m² of terraces; designed by Stefano Boeri
- Incubatore per l’Arte (Art Incubator), an important space for social- and cultural activity, as well as up-and-coming crafts and enterprises
- Diamond Tower, a skyscraper made out of glass and steel, which is seen as an icon for the Milanese skyline